Name: Clan Wolf
Clan Wolf proved themselves expert warriors: they annihilated Clan Wolverine and absorbed Clan Widowmaker, long before their successes in the invasion of the Inner Sphere. They also created Elemental body armor, though it would take assistance from Clan Hell's Horses to perfect the Elemental phenotype and HarJel from the Diamond Sharks before Elemental suits reached their current form. They led the Warden Clans in the Grand Council and were the only Clan to oppose the Clan Invasion in 3050. Clan Wolf proposed sending a reconnaissance force to gather intelligence before the Invasion, a force that eventually became known as the Wolf's Dragoons, arguably the best mercenary unit in the Inner Sphere, and crucial in stopping the Clan's invasion.
In 3057, Clan Jade Falcon sought to remove Ulric and continue the invasion. When the Council tried Ulric for treason and voted him out of office, Clan Wolf all but destroyed itself in preventing the Jade Falcons from breaking the truce by instigating a Trial of Refusal on a scale never before seen outside of a Trial of Annihilation. This particular Trial of Refusal would be forever referred to as the "Refusal War" against the Jade Falcons.
To ensure the Clan's survival, Ulric ordered Phelan Kell (also known as Phelan Ward) to take a contingent of warriors and a cross-section of the other castes to the Inner Sphere while he and Natasha Kerensky sought to break the Falcons. Eventually, the Falcons were victorious, but they could not touch the part of the clan that left Clan-controlled space and went into self-imposed exile to the Inner Sphere. Ward's Warden Wolves, now known as Clan Wolf in Exile, settled on planet Arc-Royal in the Lyran Alliance and guarded the border against any Clan incursions.
An initially successful Jade Falcon attempt to Absorb the remaining Wolves was effectively made moot with the creation of the Clan Jade Wolf, an offshoot of Clan Jade Falcon, made up of captured Wolf warriors who were "absorbed" into the Jade Falcons. The Jade Wolves later changed their name by dropping the "Jade" part and simply going by "Wolf", effectively usurping the name of the original, or pre-Refusal War, Clan Wolf. These Wolves (also known as Crusader Wolves) rebuilt their strength and have declared themselves the only Crusader Clan not bound by the Crusader's defeat during the Great Refusal.
- Total (Inhabited) Systems: 83
- Dominant Language(s): English
Clan Wolf is also noted for their lack of formality (another thing that greatly annoys the Falcons). While they respect their traditions, they adapt to the situation, they make up their own mind, and don't rush in and think later - a trait that has proven valuable during their invasion of the Inner Sphere, where Clans found that technological edge and mastery of one on one combat is not enough to always guarantee a win.
With the devastating losses of the Refusal War, Wolf Khan Vladimir Ward has been forced to take extreme measures to ensure the survival of his Clan.
His first and most ambitious decision was to rebuild all four Wolf front-line Galaxies at once. After refuting the attempted Absorption of the Wolves by Clan Jade Falcon, the Wolves reclaimed all salvage taken up to the battle on Wotan. As Wolf warriors and OmniMechs came back into service, Khan Ward identified a small, elite core of warriors around whom three Galaxies could be re-formed. To these he added upper quality garrison troops, providing them with OmniMechs when possible and giving them the best possible BattleMechs when not. To create the fourth front line Galaxy, he gave the unprecedented order that one full garrison Galaxy would be integrated with front line forces under a new Galaxy Commander. Currently, this new Delta Galaxy is considered somewhere between second line and front line troops in quality, but Galaxy Commander Katya Kerensky has wrought astounding improvements.
Clan Wolf Mech Acquisition Table
Zellbrigen (Dueling): 4
Physical Attacks: Yes
Current Players: Dave
1) Silver Keshik (Silver Keshik) [Elite]
- Khan Garth Radick (2) Executioner - A
- Only Omni Mechs may be taken
2) 13th Wolf Guards (Widowmakers) [Elite]
- Khan Natasha Kerensky (1) Dire Wolf - Widowmaker
- Phelan Ward (2) Wolfhound IIC
3rd Battle Cluster (Silver Devils) [Veteran] (Destroyed Battle #1)
4) 4th Wolf Guards (The Cyclops Cluster) [Veteran]
5) 11th Wolf Guards (The Lightning Pack) [Veteran]
- No Assault Mechs
- No Elementals
6) 7th Battle Cluster (Hungry Wolves) [Regular]
- Wary of the Wolf. The other Clans fearful of the success Clan Wolf has had already in the invasion, demand a head start to Clan Wolf landing on Tukayyid. The Clan Wolf Players will not place their forces on the Campaign Map until Campaign Turn 2.
- Stalking the prey. During the Campaign turn, the Clan Wolf player is always the last to go.
- Well Supplied. Clan Wolf unit are always considered 1 hex square closer to a Supply depot/landing zone for purposes of ammo supply.
- Naga, Only Clan Wolf fields the Arrow 4 artillery carrying Omnimech, though it may not be fielded by an Elite unit as there is still some stigma to the honorable nature of artillery.