It became obvious that allowing the clanners to bid / build first, lead to the comstar folks using pretty much the same force of assaults.
So here is what we will do for the next event.
I will pre-make Comstar forces for 6 - 10 scenarios. These forces will each have a point value.
The clanner will then draw one of these scenarios depending upon where their force is on the map. (landing zone, desert, forest hexes)
The information the clanner will get is
- the number of units (6,12,18,or 24)
- the number of points (100-500) of the opposing Comstar force.
- Rough description of the terrain. (badlands, forest, river delta, city, etc...)
- Get to build his force first...giving him the widest selection of mechs to choose from.
- Pick the player running the Comstar forces (of the available players).
- Pick the player assisting them push their clan if they want (of available players)
We will then match up the highest bid and the lowest bid to play at the same time.
Then the next highest and next lowest.
Finally the middle two.
So that you will still get the advantage even though you may be ther 3rd highest bidder...if that makes sense. (we didn't do this last time)
That's all for now.